THE BULGARIAN STARTUP ASSOCIATION
This Code of Honour is created to guarantee the values we profess as an organization, as companies’ founders, entrepreneurs and members of society.
BESCO does not only integrate startup companies- we unite people and companies who share the vision that:
- The country's economy needs to be transformed in the direction of science, R&D and innovation, focusing on the export of products and services in high added-value industries.
- Bulgaria has the potential to create overtaking favourable conditions for the industries of future.
- Bulgaria could be the European start-up incubator - ie. to create conditions for our country to be the best place for start-ups and R&D companies coming to the European market.
- Our focus is not just the startups, it is the building of the whole process involving Education `->` Technology Transfer `->` Entrepreneurial Ecosystem `->` Startups `->` Scaleups `->` Big Companies `->` Exports that we have produced.
BESCO includes members of companies and entrepreneurs who are examples of how Bulgaria can do business in the right way, we respect the laws of our country, bring back to society what we have gained, we support each other as entrepreneurs and we can be an example both inside and outside the community.
EVERY REPRESENTATIVE OF BESCO DECLARES THAT:
- One was not a member of the State Security!
- One does not participate in corrupt practices and motives. One does not enter into intentional and conscious legal violations.
- One does not lie, manipulate and distort facts important for the company's activity.
- One will preserve and honour the dignity of each member of BESCO.
- One will act in good faith and favourably for the sustainable development of each member of BESCO.
- One is ready to assist with his/her time, labour or material capabilities to other entrepreneurs and those who develop the entrepreneurial community.
- One believes that success is the result of hard work and the creation of value that is useful to others, and are not looking for ways to make quick money.
- One does not undermine the reputation of the entrepreneurial community with vandalism, xenophobia and discriminatory expression.
- One is an ambassador of freedom of speech, public order, good interpersonal relations, and by his/her behaviour and values is in unison within the broad range of democratic norms and European values.
- One lives and does business, while supporting the principles of free competition and observing the foundations of business ethics.
ABOUT THE BESCO GOVERNANCE!
EACH MEMBER OF THE MANAGEMENT BOARD, THE SUPERVISORY BOARD, THE REGIONAL REPRESENTATIVES AND THE BESCO OFFICIALS DECLARES THAT:
- will comply with all the points in the previous chapter;
- is guided by the interest of the Association and not by its personal interests;
- in his/her professional activity outside the Association pays correctly to his/her employees, the state, incl. taxes, fees, insurance and payments to the tax authorities;
- will declare publicly his /her affiliation to political parties;
- does not currently develop an active political career;
- as an entrepreneur, manager and owner does not abuse funds from public procurement, European projects and other budgetary or public funds;
- if requested will provide the members with information on his/her activities in the Association, unless it is impossible for confidential reasons;
- will not deliberately conceal information that is useful to members unless it is necessary to preserve confidentiality.
MEMBERS OF THE MANAGEMENT BOARD:
They will announce to the members of the Association any intention to request public funds, incl. European Union funds, participation in Public Procurement and others.
They will sign a declaration of economic connectivity.
They will sign a declaration that political and religious affiliation will not affect their actions and decisions as representatives of BESCO.
RULES OF AN ACTION OF BREACHING THE HONOUR CODE
The authority entitled to take decisions on the Code of Honour is the BESCO Control Council
Depending on the violation, the following actions are possible:
- Ban from the association.
- Referring to relevant external organs as needed.
BESCO is not acting a the Prosecutor in Chief and BESCO does not investigate the members of the Association!
In case of suspected violations of the BESCO Code of Honour, the following sequence of actions should be followed:
- Talk personally with the entrepreneur who is suspected of being in violation.
- If no agreement is reached, a conversation is recommended to involve one or more members.
- If no result is achieved a letter is addressed in written to the Management Board.
- The Management Board will speak to the person who is suspected of committing a violation.
- If necessary, the Management Board will refer the matter to the Control Board, which shall carry out the verification and decide.
In case of violations by members of the Management Board, the Control Board has the right to self-referral. The Control Board, as well as 10% of the BESCO members, have the right to convene General Assembly in order to remove a member or members of the Management Board.
In case of violations by a member of the Control Board, the rest of the Control Board is self-referral.”